Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Takers

          This movie is advertised on the Redbox under the words looking for some action. Well guess what you got that action; unfortunately you have not got that much else. This movie is slow in the non-action scenes and full of clichés in the shootouts. The overall feel of the film is tired and dull and lame and I waited the entire time for it to be over. Finally it was and I could no of been happier. The movie was over time to write my review and pan it and boy I am I going to pan it.

             First of lets get down to the plot. The story centers around five bank robbers and the persistent detective determined to take them down. Hayden Christensen plays the head robber while Matt Dillon fills in the part of the persistent detective. They both play their parts well as does the whole cast unfortunately the movie just was not worth the rental fee I paid for it.

                I would not bother renting this film from the Redbox or even adding to your Netflix queue. It is simply a waste of 107 minutes and money. There is nothing original about this film and nothing engaging either.  It is a jigsaw puzzle of better action movies and cop dramas. The only difference is those films are good. This film is not.

                This is one of those movies that is best left to be rented by someone else. The plot was hard to follow and not very compelling. The action was worn out and once again not very engaging. I liked this movie best in its plastic sleeve and that is the best place to put this DVD when it’s over. Therefore I can return it as quickly as possible to the Redbox I rented it from.

Grade F

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm