Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Color Of Money



This movie was rented from blockbuster a week ago when the legendary Mr. Newman died. He’s been acting since 1952 for 6 decades and well over half a century. His most recent contribution to Hollywood was playing a rusted old pick up truck in Cars just two years ago. This is his lone Oscar win in 1987 for a single role he played. He also won one the year before that as a honorary award for all the astonishing rolls he played. He won a third and final statue in 1994 for all his charity work but this still remains the only Oscar he won over his peers and cohorts. 

This movie while it was brilliantly acted. Majestically directed and it bode a fantastic story line just doesn’t muster up an A in my heart for an overall grade. I’m very emotional I feel what a given character is going through and I felt like the characters in this movie were being slowly tortured and put on display like in a stock. 

All they did was argue. Argue argue argue. I don’t like arguing in real life why should I pay to see people argue in a movie. While I admit they did it well they did it a lot and they did it often. It seems like that’s all they did at times to much. It is not appeasing to the mind or ears and therefore not appealing to this critic. 

While I must admit it was nice to see Mary Elizabeth Mastranio in a movie she wasn’t in it enough. (nor should she have been.) It was definitely a guy movie. Much like Armageddon and any comic book movie the main target audience is male. I am a male so that’s cool with me.

Martian Scorsese directed this movie to flawless protection. He is unmitigated in his daunted less task for brilliance. Why he wasn’t nominated for an Oscar for this I’ll never know. I still liked it. It was well written acted and directed it just made me feel uneasy and therefore only warrants a B-.

                                                                                                                                                                                          Grade B-

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm