Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Saw


       First of all I’d like to point out that this will be my 315th official review. I have written several more mind you but they are at the bottom of my blogspot and therefore not counted on my scroll.  I watched and reviewed this movie at the request of Judy K. my assistant manger At Devon Acme. She showed interest in my handiwork so I watched the film as per her request.

How let’s get to down to it. I know what you are thinking. This guy is wasting too much time on an introduction I want to know what he thought of the picture.  I think it is apropos that this film is brought to you by a movie studio called Twisted Picture. For you’d have to be twisted to like this picture. Well guess what boys and girls I must be twisted  because I liked this picture.

The movie met my criteria of a good flick. It was creative, well written, and a welcome escape from the outside world. Which is kind of ironic because the characters turned victims in this story wanted to escape from their unseen captor into the outside world.  That is my friend the entire point of this motion picture. It contains  a  rarely seen or heard catchphrase as a marketing technique. “Will you kill to save yourself.” I must say this then let me tell you something I’d kill to have seen this motion picture in a theater with an audience and watch their reactions to this unique roller coaster ride of an adventure.

Ok, The first 3 paragraphs pretty told you what I did like about the picture.  Now lets get down to what I didn’t shall we say fall in love with.  First and foremost the acting, oh my word the acting. It is true I must admit I’ve never bee help captive in a men’s room before chained to a toilet and given a limited time to live. I think however my reaction might be different than the lack luster performances of these two main actors. 


While I have I always been a fan of Cary Elwes. ( I can always tell if he will be a good guy or A bad guy from his accent or lack there of.) I have to admit I’ve never seen or even heard of or Leigh Whannell. I will point out though that judging my his online resume he if fairly new to the acting gig and may not have gotten his big break yet.  If you Consideri all this tittles in his flimography have a death like feel to the titles I’m thinking he may not get one soon. His career may be dead in it’s tracks. 

Never The less this film was captivating, the score was creative and  appropriate for the current scene in short it was fantastic. The pacing was perfect. The last twenty minutes seemed to go by in a flash. 


                                                                                                                                                                                                  Grade B+



No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm