Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 24, 2015

SAW II


         Donnie Wahlberg stars in this lackluster sequel to a surprisingly good 21st centery hooror flick. The 1st movie had an element of newness and orginiality. This one was “been there done that have the T –shirt.” This sequel pits 8 total strangers against one another in a riddle a room house that has death waiting in every room. The rooms are plain and life less and so was this movie. 

The score to a good horror movie is usually its bread and butter. While this movie had a score it was barley noticeable. Some cases that are a good thing in this case it is not. The music needs to get you scared, it needs to install a sense of fear in you. The only thing I feared in this one hour and thirty-five minute film was for the people that paid to see it in theaters. 

Fortunately I saw it for free on On Demand. The price was about right. While the movie definitely had enough blood to be a good horror flick it didn’t have enough acting or plot. The characters were tired and unoriginal. The story line was worn-out.

While I admit the ending did take me for a surprise the preceding hour and a half hours or so was not worth the surprise. This movie is not one to talk about at work. I will not recommend it to anyone and I will attempt to put out of my mind that I Saw it in the first place. The title of the film didn’t even make sense in this one. There was no saw, so why call it such. 

There you go I poured my guts out for you again for another review. It will be my fourth this month and its only March 6th. This movie is in a word bland. Don’t attempt to rent it, or even do an early morning viewing of it on TV as I just did. It is not worthy. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                Grade C-

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm