Pageviews past week

Monday, December 14, 2015

Reservation Road


       “Isn’t it ironic don’t you think?” That I am writing this review on the 23rd birthday of my favorite future lawyer. I’ve lost contact with her last year but still think of her every day. She has her best years ahead of her. The layer in this movie however is at the end of his rope. His best days are behind him not in front and he has come to the end on this Reservation Road.

What am I talking about you ask. Well I’ll tell you. This movie start s of with two fathers who’s paths collide literally on of all places Reservation Road. On is a divorced lawyer. The other middle aged married father of two. When the son of one is killed by the other the movie starts off with a bang or should I say hit. (and run.) 

       The main aforementioned characters are played by the recently “retired” Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Ruffalo. There wives are played by Jennifer Connelly and Mira Sorvino. (I could marry either.) Who is who you ask. I can’t tell you. What I can tell you however is how riveting all four performances are and how astonishing the screenplay unfolds. 


This one hour and forty three minute movie is accompanied by a majestic and heart pounding score and comes full throttle with and amazing pile of guilt of both male lead characters as well as a feeling of abandonment on the part s of their wives. 

There will not be a sad eye in parts of this picture and no one will be sitting comfortably in their seat when this film is finished. Why this astonishing film (released just  14 months ago) is not more heard of or popular I’ll never know. It had me riveted and gasping for air. In short I was floored.


                                                                                                                                                                                                 Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm