Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Brave One

Jodie Foster plays Erica Bain a New York City radio personality who is in her job for intrinstic motivations. She cares not about the money but more about what she does and the impact it has on her listeners. She is engaged to a handsome doctor who loves her genially and is the only person in the world she has. Her family is non exitant and her friends a ghost of realality. When they are attacked in Central Park by two unmotivated unprovoked attackers her fiancĂ© is killed and she is beaten nearly to death. She spends three weeks in a coma only too awaken to a whole new much darker reality. This movie is unrealistic or perhaps too realistic and therefore a dismal reminder to this optimistic reviewer about how miserable life really is. If I wanted a lesson in realality I’d turn on the news. I watch movie to escape reality not be reminded of it. I still believe in the overall ´ good in people and hope that his movie does not tarnish my perceptions. I admit i was a bit hesitant to see this movie in the first place after the nose dive Foster’s career seemed to take after the disastrous results of her last picture flightplan. I’m still not sure if I want to se another Jodie Foster flick since I am yet unsure if I really enjoyed this one or not. Grade F

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm