Pageviews past week

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Dukes of Hazzard

I am a huge fan of the TV Show this film was based on. I have three seasons at home on DVD and used to watch it religiously as a child. Today I am an adult, I recently had a movie review column at a local Christian university and see film s and life differently as a result. While I am all for adapting a TV show to the times to adjust to the big screen format this film did not do that well. The Duke boys became horny, the sheriff started cursing and Boss Hogg became thin!? If you bring any idea to the big screen, weather it be a comic book, TV show or otherwise you MUST leave some premise of the original format on the big screen. This film did NONE of that. Sure there was the big orange Chrysler, I admit the characters names were the same. Their characteristics were NOT the same however. As I said before in MANY reviews, you can slap an audience but you can’t kick them. This film not only kicked the crowd as they entered the theater. It ran them over in the parking lot as they escaped to go home. Much like the General Lee in both the TV show and movie it did not leave any skid marks for the sheriff’s department to investigate. Grade F

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm