Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The AristoCats

This movie boast and overwhelmingly amazing voice cast. Unfortunately that’s all this movie has. This movie has nothing in the way of appealing characters. Zilch is the form of creative writing and is fanning at the plate when it comes to the screenplay. I was hard pressed to stay alert and awake in this 78 minute mind number. Perhaps much like Dumbo the last Disney movie I saw reviewed and loathed I am not the target audience for this film. Perhaps then again nobody is. Nobody that doesn’t enjoy tea time and imaginary crumpets that is. In other word only girls under the age of 12. Phil Harris is the most familiar Disney voice in this film he was in The Jungle Book three years prior and Robin Hood three years later. They were both better movies. Eva Gabor much like her sister Zsa Zsa she was the personification of snobbishness. She was perfectly cast here. Last but certainly not least amongst the quintessential voice cast is Scatman Crothers obviously a stage name (his real name is Benjamin) he of course played ‘scat cat’ he lived up to his name and spoke most of his dialogue in scat. I’ll admit may be overly critical, I am the first one to point out that I am a very harsh judge on movies I also usually don’t like mvies older than I am. All that being said I was extremely disappointed in this film. I never once felt the need to sing along, stand and applaud or for that matter even pay attention. I kept waiting for it to be over so I could write a fair review. Well here is my review and I ain't whistling Dixie baby. The last time I was this disappointed in a animated Disney movie was when I was in High School in 1991-1992 and Beauty and the Beast was the first animated film up for best picture. I hated that too. I realize this movie came out 22 years earlier and is significantly older. These are my reviews though sweetheart. I review them in the order I see them and I didn’t see this movie till today October 6, 2008. Besides that I’ve only been reviewing movies since college. A mere ten years ago. Grade D

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm