Pageviews past week

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Star Wars

This movie has long been one of my favorite movies of all time. I always look for the perfect time to write my review of it or the perfect number review to write and it always falls by the way side. So when I read in a magazine the other day that Star Wars was released on May 25th (1977). I decided to make it the next film I watched. I chose to ignore the three 21st century released films on my desk (from Netflix) and go with an oldie but goodie. First of all this film is legendary. It is still loved by kids today and is far older then some of the parents of those kids. Secondly it is Star Wars, You don’t really need a reason to watch it. This film is legendary. It tells a classic tale of friendship and rebellion. It is a movie that will never be forgotten and it is still one of the most popular films seen today. So I need no further explanation. I admit I have seen this movie many, many times. I like my cousin Scott have it memorized. It is a film we never get tired of watching and it tells a story that never gets old. It is a classic good versus evil tale. It is set in the background of space to make it unique. The special effects are still worthy of awe today and it is a movie that is 34 years old. It has lead to many more legendary film ideas and may just be the most popular film 20th Century Fox had ever made. The music is amazing, the actors household names and it is still suspenseful no matter how many times you’ve seen it. How do you top such a legendary film? You make it in to a smash trilogy and top it off with another trilogy over two decades after the first film was resealed. It is the 3rd highest grossing film series of all time and it is only surpassed because the first two series are still alive today and taking in more money per ticket. (By the way those series are James Bond and Harry Potter.) Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm