Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Limitless

Limitless is well Limited. Ok, I know how cliché' this must sound. It is not that I was not disappointed by this movie It simply did not give me the rush I needed it too. I did not feel it Gap in my wallet after renting. It. I borrowed it from Eastern University's library for free. All I am saying is it did not give me the Structure I had hoped for from the previews. Why I am I using mall clothing stores as metaphors in my review. It is because I have decided to shop one of them and buy Emily Scheiing The Purple Sock Award for being so supportive. You rock my friend. As per my film review, well here it goes. This film did not seem like anything special to me. It began with a down on his luck writer who is wasted and now suddenly single. He finds a drug that makes him smarter,a faster thinker, and more knowledgeable. Gee, where I have I heard that scenario before. Oh yea I think I read it on the back of a Cracker Jack box. I am wondering where Alan Glynn the writer of the novel (this screenplay) is based on got his degree. He obviously did not get from Eastern University my English Journalism teacher is amazing. She wont leave you in a Hayes. This film is the only one in Mr. Glynn's IMDB resume. I am not surprised at all. I am surprised however that screenplay writer Leslie Dixon could not make more out of it. Miss. Dixon has films like Mrs. Doubtfire, Hairspray and even one of my all time faves Pay it Forward on her accomplishment list. I am surprised she could make more out of this lackluster film. It was as far back as the 80's that First Lady Nancy Reagan told all America to "Just say No!" Despite the fact that just two decades before in the 60's drugs were all the rage and written about in so many poems and songs. Well this year is 2011.It is two decades after Nancy Reagan warned us all of the danger of drugs. Yet this film is still in theaters. If that is not a buzz kill, I am not sure what is. This film seems like it was a left over from the 80's. The enemies are Russian, Robert De Niro plays a Wall Street tycoon, and illegal drugs are prevalent. The sad part is he (De Niro) was not even in Wall Street he perhaps should not have been in this movie either. I am not panning this entire movie mind you I am simply saying it did not live up to its name. I was hoping for some thing a little better. Especially from a Leslie Dixon penned screenplay. This film was simply sufficient. So therefore I will give it an average grade. Grade C

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm