Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I’m Gonna Git you Sucka

Once again with another movie I remember so fondly from my high school days. Now one realizes he grows up. I thought this movie was hysterical back in the day. (You know when VHS tapes were king.) Now that I’m older, poorer and hard pressed for money I realize this may have been mostly a waste of time and money. The advantage is I’m on flat rate for four movies at a time. The bad news is I only have two left and I want to leave the longer movie for a longer day. You know when I don’t have to be at two jobs in a single day. Thanks god Netflix is a flat monthly rate. The funniest thing about this movie is the title. Particularly the spelling. It was miss spelt and I was mislead. Mislead into thinking this movie was laugh out loud funny. I never did once. I smiled a few times but there is a difference. The sight gags were wonderful. The few and far scatted comical scenes were excellent as well its just the plot or lack there of. That got me from particular scene to scene. The preview was to die for at 3 minutes or so. The movie at 88 minutes just died. The characters were two dimensional, unoriginal, wimpy and worst of all mostly lame. I did like Chris Rock in his one cameo scene. He only had a walk on line but he walked off a winner. (It was five years before his own show.) Alas when the trailer and title are funnier than the actual movie it is a sad state of affairs for a screenplay. This movie doesn’t merit a second look and will not be recommend to a friend or even acknowledged by a co worker. It was pretty lame in general.
 
                                                                                                                                            Grade C-

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm