Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Black Hole

I hesitate to put this up as my kids pic of the week. I will admit this movie while definitely made by Disney and wasn’t offensive to young ones in any way shape or form it wasn’t terribly appealing to then either. When I look at the release date of 1979 and see that it made by Disney, I think that is was their attempt to match Star Wars. Why not the James Bond series did it in the same year with Moonraker why not a major studio like Disney. I’ll tell you why not. Unlike the two aforementioned space set Sci - Fi movies Star Wars (Episode IV A New Hope to movie junkies ) actually had a plot. It also contained steady intrigue and kept you interested the entire time. Not so for this debacle of an outing. It for the most part was slow and mundane with hokey music and cornball dialogue. Oh yea did I mention the characters we all cliché , predictable and annoying as hell. The last half hour wasn’t bad though. It is just ashamed there was an a hundred minutes of sheer doldrums preceding that action filled half hour. I hesitate to say action packed because the last 3rdd of the film was necessary to make up for the rest of it. You know the lameness, aggravating parts and everything in-between. Like the pathetic music that makes you feel a certain way but just doesn’t personify those emotions in the first palce. Let me explain further. A good score is one that should intensify your already present emotions not tell you how your supposed to feel in the first place.in leau of the feelings. This was the case of the later catagory. The best creation in the movie was anthropomorphic. Yes I used that word again. The robot of Vincent had more spunk and charisma that any of the living folk. I mean how bad it is to be completely out shined by a creature with no legs or a heart for that reason. I mean have more heart than this critic and rent this relic today. Maybe you’ll give better than a C-. Grade C-

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm