Pageviews past week

Friday, May 10, 2013

The (Ap) parent Trap

I’ve written 756 movie reviews in the past. This will be my first play review. If you remember my fellow readers. I have been I have been accepted at Eastern University. Therefore I am attempting to indulge in all their recourses, including the school play. I saw it on Friday February 4th at 11:30 am. The plot of the play is fairly simple. Father Time and Mother Nature have given birth to a two-headed child. The progeny is of both sexes and something must be done about it. So they split it, the offspring in two, one side male one side female. They are as different as night and day (literally). They are separated at birth and the parents divorced and three nerdy students must bring them together even though it means the end of civilization. Ok I know what your thinking. This guy must be nuts. That is the plot however in a nutshell and you would have to be nuts to have missed this play. It was full of energy and vigor, it was fun and fantastic and it even had a 7th inning stretch. (Sort of) The actors all sung their notes well and spoke their lines clearly. The orchestra performed beautifully and the plot was easy to follow. Did I forget to tell you it was a musical? Sorry my bad. It would also be my bad if I gave this play anything less then my highest grade. I was entertained for two hours and I sit still the entire time. That is not easy for someone diagnosed with ADHD. The spot light award goes to the Janitor for interacting with the kids before the play and signing autographs afterwards. He also gave the best performance and even ran the ‘7th inning stretch’. The whole play was enjoyable however and I liked it from beginning to end. If you missed this play then you missed out on a true gem. While it may not have glowed green or red it certainly left me humming the non blues as I walked out of the auditorium and into the cold. Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm