Pageviews past week

Friday, May 10, 2013

Fletch

This movie has already made my top ten comedies of all time list. So think the grade I’m going o give it is inevitable. It’s a foregone conclusion. It’s as predictable as the Mets collapsing in the month of September. (Hint: It’s going to be an A.) How lets get into why I’m already giving it or already have given it an A. They say a picture is worth a thousand words well this movie poster is worth millions. I mean seriously how many IDs is this guy have unfolding out of his wallet? For that matter how many identities does have during a fairly short 98 minute time span. I lost track after half a dozen and that doesn’t include his one fantasy image. This movie brings asinine stupidity to peaks of uproarious laughter. Not to mention an all new definition to the term absurd hilarity. Chevy Chase is the king of adlib. The female protagonists are wonderful as well. I mean seriously who would salivate over a girl dubbed ‘Larry’? (Genna Davis) Don’t forget Fletch’s heartthrob and eventual bed partner Gail Stanwyk. (Dana Wheeler-Nicholson) I love the fact that one scene she’s wearing only a towel. The antagonist is the perfect fodder as well. He is ignorant arrogant and condescending all at the same time. The score is top notch. Who could forget the fast paced rhythmic them of the Fletch theme. ( I must admit I did.) I still was dancing in my seat as I watched this movie. The final chase scene is fantastic too. He actually tells the young teen who is stealing the car “I’m not sure that’s against the law anymore.” This is a movie I revered fondly from childhood. It was released in the pre summer days summer of ‘85 I was merely 11. (May 31st to be exact) Now as an adult and avid movie watcher and reviewer I still view it with great fondness. This movie is with out a doubt one of he funniest, zaniest most fun filled movie of my life time. If not of all time. I may just put it on my Christmas list and add it to my home DVD collection. Grade A

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm