Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dot The I

Earlier this month I said I saw what might be the most confusing movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If that is true then this is the most bizarre film I have ever seen. The movie was 92 minutes in length, 87 of them were odd and complicated. It all comes clear in the end but what an ending it is. It is one for the ages. I rank it up there with No Way Out and the Usual Suspects. I think I will rent more thrillers in the future for this one was good; in fact it was very good. The acting was good but not great. There were some flaws in their acting. The pace could have been picked up a piece and the storyline could use a revision or two. Those are the only flaws however in this excellent script. It is one for the ages. I will not forget about it until at lest next year. (Considering I see movies everyday that is saying a lot.) This is one of those film s that will stick in your craw and make you think about it for a while. You may even want to see it again to see the finer points the second time around. Either way you will be pleased. This movie is a thriller in the truest sense of the word. I can’t even give you a plot summary because it would take to long or be inaccurate. Go and rent this film today. It is compelling, thrilling, and impossible to predict. It will leave you bating our lip and shaking your head. I have no doubt you will love this film. Despite the flaws mentioned in the second paragraph. Grade B+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm