Pageviews past week

Friday, February 22, 2013

Breakfast At Tiffany ‘s

I dedicate this review to my amazing cousin Abbey. I call her my super cuz since she has spent the past 4 years or so teaching kids English in Korea. I sure do miss her but wish her the best of luck as she continues in her life’s pursuits. As for this birthday movie request of hers I am not sure what to think of it to be honest. It was a crazy morning I watched it on and I am not sure if I really got the full effect of this now 50-year-old classic love story. It starred one of the most beautiful women in the history of Hollywood (Audrey Hepburn) as the leading lady and the object of love and affection of not just lead leading man but everyone who saw it. George Pappard played the male lead actor in question and he lived up stairs form the lady of desire. They were both tenants in New York City high-rise and she caught his eye from the moment he saw her. She was truly a character and either loved or hated by every body with whom she came in contact with. The upstairs neighbor and landlord both hated her with a seemingly unquestionable passion. She never paid her rent on time much to the landlord’s dismay and was always disturbing the peace of her fellow tenet that was quite a colorful character he and was the perfect comical element to this film that was full of drama. The plot was a bit too complicated and at times was hard to follow. The pacing was slow at times but flowed evenly making this nearly two-hour film (1:54) time span of this film go by quite smoothly. The direction was top notch, which is all but expected considering it was done by the legendary Blake Edwards. Audrey Hepburn was a true sex siren to the Silver Screen and while her light might have recently stopped burning. (RIP my lady.) She will light up the hearts of many future amateur and professional movie critics like me who are both willing and patient enough to review some of the movies of yesterday. For it is these films I speak of that truly pave the path for any writer interested in the world of the cinema. As for this movie however, alas I must admit I am not worthy of doing it any credit or harm I feel, as I was not focused enough on it yesterday morning so I will only do it harm to write about or criticize it. I will therefore not give this film a letter grade as my devote’ is paid to give to her students. I will instead give this film a N/W or N/A for not worthy or not applicable for to do anything less would be a crime to both Miss Hepburn and my cousin Abby. Grade N/A or N/W

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm