Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Last Sin Eater

This is the heart wrenching story of distraught young child who at all of ten year old has the weight of the world on her shoulders. She believes herself to be responsible for the death of her younger sister and therefore seeks out the local outcast dubbed the ‘Sin Eater’ to take away or “eat” her sins.

       The story is supposed to be a awe inspiring faith fulfilling epic drama about a young girl and her journey to discover the Lord Jesus Christ. I got this movie for free from my church library after all and they only loan or rent movies that are Biblical in their meaning or origins. These movies are supposed to fill you with the Holy Spirit and so far after two movie and more to come I much like Ryan Howard am mostly fanning at the plate. I don’t believe any of the films I rent/ borrow for free from the Library at C.O.S. will ever muster anything up than a grade of ‘C+’ or ‘B-’ (See Facing the Giants). Alas, you never know I may occasionally hit a game winning Homer or two like the aforementioned Mr. Howard. I am guessing however after two movies and counting my batting average is going to be pretty low, Hint hint.

       My friends from EPIC (Bible study group) all tell me this is a superlative story. So far I have yet to match their sentiment. Oh well, perhaps I’m too old, bitter or perhaps just too critical. ( I do this almost daily after all.) I have yet to meet the reach the euphoric empathy many of my church going friends have for the obscure little whole in the wall library collection. The bright side is I ain’t paying for these flicks.

Grade B- 



No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm