Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Horrible Boses

             We have all had our share of horrible bosses at one point or another. (Hi Darrin) While it is true that some of us had chosen to liberate ourselves from these horrific corporate gods. Still others feel entrapped under the smothering blankets of these arrogant self-imposed deities. This is the story of three young men who for some reason or worked under people they loathed and despised with every fiber in their being.

If you have seen the previews for this movie or for even that mater simply read the title of the film the first paragraph probably did not offer you much in formation. So here is something you may not already know. This film has an awesome cast. I mean seriously not only does it star some of today’s biggest male stars like Jason Bateman, Kevin Spacey, and Jamie Foxx. One of the titular characters I spoke of is a very hot friend of us all named Jennifer Aniston.

In this film she is sexually harassing her handsome dental assistant named Dale Arbus. (Charlie Day) So you know this movie is a work of fiction as well as a black comedy when any guy turns down sexual advances from Jennifer Anniston. Kevin Spacey is well cast too his boss characteristics is arrogant, smug and cunning three characteristics Mr. Spacey portrays so well. As for Jason Bateman he plays Mr. Nobody. That nickname may seem like an insult but he has made a name for himself playing this seemingly non-colorful second fiddle. Some people like Jill would call him an excellent  actor. I’m the sarcastic movie critic I’ll call him what I want to.
         
                So what therefore is my opinion of this obvious black comedy? 1st off all let me say I am the hardest critic in the world on cinematic comedies. Let me also remind you that I usually dislike black comedies. (I simply don’t find humor in negative topic like death and murder.) This film however made me laugh. I did not seem to enjoy it, as much as the rest of the twenty-something audience I saw it with. I did however enjoy this film. That is saying a lot considering I am a 37- year heartless curmudgeon of a movie critic.

Grade B+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm