Pageviews past week

Monday, December 21, 2015

The Virgin Territory




This is a story about a handsome brave rogue and a nubile young princess. Whom each seek shelter in the local convent in attempt to hide from a rapscallion, villainous prince and their enemy in common. 

The protagonist is known by his first name only Lorenzo (Hayden Christensen). She has but a first name as well Andreuccio. (Simone Spinazze). The script or closing credits don’t give a last name and they really don’t need to. While the characters are two dimensional they really don’t need to be fully developed. It is the typical Medieval story. A beautiful inspiring scarlet with money and power and a debonair young rapscallion from the wrong side of the tracks (Except there are no tracks in this movie. Trains weren’t invented yet. ) meet in the oddest of places (The aforementioned convent) they inadvertently kiss, fall in love and must battle any army of evil to be together in the end. Like I said there isn’t much depth to the script. It is simple precise and been told a million times.

This time it was told well. As well as such a simple story can be told. There is sword play, skinny dipping, astonishing young and often naked ladies they all come together in this 97 minute epic adventure. That will make you swoon and cheer and lament for the days of old. 

The cinematography is breathtaking the score is wonderful and the acting appropriate to the genre the movie is set in. This flick will win no Oscars, break no records, nor even be heard off by most theater dwellers or video patrons like my self. It is simply an unsung aria waiting for the proper composer. I admit if it weren’t for the free code Jill gave me I would not have rented it on it’s popularity alone or lack there of) . I who write reviews almost daily had never heard of it and though it was just a T&A movie that I might enjoy on a lonely bleak autumn morning such as today. 

I was surprised and astonished that it actually had a plot as well as intrigue, interesting characters and a mostly creative screenplay as well. This movie exceeded my expectations and gets my top grade for a title no one has ever heard of. That grade is A “B+”. Sorry it doesn’t get a "A" it just wasn’t jaw dropping or earth shattering enough to muster my top score. I have to be aware about how many A’s I administer on my blogspot. I don’t want to look like I love all my movies. I have to be a fair and just critic you know. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                   Grade B+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm