Pageviews past week

Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Adjustment Bureau


     This is one of the hardest movies I have ever had to categorize. The film is part Sci-Fi, Part Action/ Adventure and part romance all rolled into one. The story is a thrill ride of an adventure and the story is pure Sci-Fi. Yet at the heart of the movie is a love story. A story of love so strong that even fate (if you will) cannot tear them apart. (or can they?) I know you are confused now, but I need some way for you to continue reading the review and perhaps even see the movie.

     I’ll try to explain myself in the following paragraphs. Yet, I make no promises. The one thing I never do in my reviews is give away too much of the movie. I may just do that in explaining the opening article. So here it goes. My review is as follows. Reader beware you may not like it. You may however love it the only way to know is to continue reading. 


    This movie is hot! So hot you may need a Kelvin thermometer to measure the temperature. The chemistry between Matt Damon and his leading lady Emily Blunt is awesome. The hook up within seconds of meeting and have to go on from there. The only question is will they end up together at the end of the movie. I guess you have to pay your $9.25 (or more) to find out.  

    This unique story line entails location hopping through out New York City. For instance who knew you could open a door on Liberty Island and end up in Yankee Stadium. It is possible if you turn the doorknob the right direction and wear the proper hat. It is in this movie at least. 

     How would you like to have uniformed men chasing you everywhere you go when you are simply trying to be romantic and get to know each other a little better? That is another element in this story. It also accounts for the action in this flick. The 3rd paragraph tells you about the romance and the forth the Sci-Fi aspect. If you are confused now then good. I have effectively wetted you appetite to see this movie. (I hope.) 

     I like it from start to finish. I went in with no expectations and was not therefore disappointed. I was instead entertained for 106 minutes and kept on the edge of my seat. My fingernails no longer need to be clipped, for I have bitten them off and my heart sings with love. To imagine I paid only $9.25 for all of that. The good news is my next film is free. So if I am disappointed tomorrow. I have not lost and money over it. See this movie and decide for yourself whether it is worth the price. I do not feel ripped off. 

Grade A

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm