Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

House


          Ok this movie came out three years after The Greatest American Hero was cancelled.  William Katt did nothing for  1984 and ‘85 so he was I’m guessing desperate to get back into the saddle again. This fact was obvious. 

I have to admit as a kid I loved this movie as I did the previously mentioned television series. I’ve grown up now. I’m living through economic hardship. I’m suffering from bouts of insomnia and I live alone at age 35.  Having said that I've grown up. I’ve written 325 movie reviews and counting and this one simply doesn’t hold up to snuff.

First of all lets look at the cast. Three popular  80’s strictly TV stars in the cast none of whom have amounted to anything and the least successful of the three headlining as the main character. Remind me why I loved this movie as a kid.

Secondly let’s look at the screenplay. (if I can dust off the cobwebs that is.) It was lame, drawn out, and boring.  Did I forget to mention that is was so poorly riddled with tired characters and aggravating clichés. (I id now. I am shocked and appalled this movie didn’t win a Razzie. I find it incredulous it wasn’t even nominated.

This movie gets top points for shall we say creativity an implausible ending that was at the same time rather contrived and predictable all t the same time. So I guess you could say this movie has layers . So does An onion but you still cry when peeling one. I should be sobbing after watching this 1 hours and 32 minute cure for fun and excitement. You know like the middle of yesterday’s Super Bowl. 

To say this movie was lame in a understatement . It was the most regretted moment of my day and I loathe my day job and the manager on duty today. In all fairness I did adore this movie as a child and will grade it accordingly.

                                                                                                                                                                                                  Grade C

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm