Pageviews past week

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sin Nombre


         In tonight’s free film ( I volunteered again) I saw what my new friend’s sister may have seen in the 3rd world countries she journeyed to. I also saw what  many of my current friends have seen and will see in Middle American countries like Cambodia, Guatemala and other Latin American locations.

            What I saw was horrifying. Gang murders, sexual assault and general mayhem. Hate to tell you people but you can get the same things in downtown Philadelphia.  Why bother leaving to another country. I tell you why, for the same reason I to traveled via 105 bus fro  bye way of R5 train  into Bryn Mawr. Where another friend used to live.  My friends will all remain nameless. I don’t want to draw too much attention to any of them. What I do want to draw immediate attention to is the injustice my voyaging friends are traveling to avenge and see for themselves. This deplorable plague on humanity. This film is an eye opener to those of us like myself who are state bound and captive to the man.

            This film however was not a complete winner. It was hard to follow at times and not breathtaking and motivationally captivating.  All foreign films should to hold us ignorant (Northern)  Americansto the screen. On the small screen late at night they are too fall back to sleep to. In a large art house theaters like The Bryn Mawr Film Institute they are supposed to grab your allegedly undivided attention and keep you focused on the prize. This screenplay did not. The acting did it’s best however.  The storyline was as imperfect as the seemingly  sudden but most anxiously anticipated ending. Which was somehow predicable. Are you confused yet. Wait till you see this movie. It was one hour and thirty six minutes of travesty. Some say that is appropriate considering the topic of this film I do not.

                                                      Grade C+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm