Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Lost Hero

By Rick Riordan A Book Report Ok, I admit I’ve become sore of a Rick Riordan freak or something. I read the entire Percy Jackson series and even the 1st book of his other new series called the Red Pyramid. I guess that now I’m hooked. I’ve read seven of his books so far and liked them all. I am wondering if there is a trend here. Oh well I will have to look for more of his stuff in the library or book store un till then here is a review of this book. Over all I liked it was a good read and an exciting story. I was hooked for all 553 pages. I got it as a Christmas present and gobbled it up right away. I breezed through it in less then 3 weeks and that includes working two jobs and going to school. The book was fun. Here I am to tell you why. First off all I prefer books written in the third person point of view. It does not make any one person more important than the other and makes the book in my opinion easier to read. This book was done a little differently. Each chapter focused on one character and that character was whom the chapter was named after. It reminded more of a Jodi Picoult book. I am a big fan of her too and consider her my favorite author. I have read only three of her books so maybe I’ll reconsider that thought. Lets get down to brass tacks shall we. This book was a fantasy adventure. There were three main characters and their names were Jason, Leo, and Piper. Each chapter was named after one of the three and one or all of them were in every scene on every page. The story focused on their adventures in the world of the gods and had an American backdrop. This book was easy to read and that made it fun to read as well. I enjoyed it from start to finish. They say you can’t judge a book by its cover and maybe that is true. Let me tell you however this cover was on of the prettiest I’ve ever seen. It is colorful and cool and made the book that much more enjoyable to carry around. I carried it too both jobs and school and everywhere in-between. I liked the book and enjoyed the story. I hope you buy it soon and decided for yourself. I found it at Target. You can probably find it at your neighborhood bookstore. Look for it today and decided for yourself. Grade A

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm