Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Firm

This will be my first lawyer review of the week that has nothing to do with the devotee of the line of reviews. I haven’t heard from her in weeks and she cut me off from Facebook so why bother? Now that I got that out of the way, let’s get to the review. The subtitle of the movie should of been called ‘White Man Running’. If I remember correctly it was the icon in the movie poster and the logo that drew in so much attention to the latest John Grisham law novel turned feature film. We’ve seen Tom Cruse in jets, and Indy cars but never racing on foot. Were was he running to, where could he go? It seems like anybody everybody was out for him. I still haven’t pointed out the most obvious flaw of all. How far could he possibly go. He’s on foot in the city for crying out loud. I saw the movie and know how it ended and I’m still perplexed. Let’s get down to the lesser factors. You know the non plot points that help move the film along. I for one Didn’t recognize the leading Lady. Jeanne Tripplehorn played his wife and devoted love interest but wasn’t really a big screen actress or even a marquee name. Before of after this movie came out. I mean after al she starred opposite Kevin Costner in Water World You cant ask for a bigger career killer than that. Holly Hunter Stole the spotlight away from her. With considerably less screen time and a less significant role she came out shining like diamond in the ruff and deserved the Oscar nominee she received. This film also got a best Music nod, and for what I don’t know,. I found it to be inconsistent and Bothersome not to mention annoying and un original when I though it resembled something from A peanuts Carton. Over all I’d give this movie the pass over and not waste my time grapping it from the Discount rack at Blockbuster or Even wasting time and a list spot with it on my Netflix queue. Grade C+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm