Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Friday The 13th (1981)

The first thing I noticed as popped this DVD into the computer was the date. It was Friday March 20th. I was a day late and a dollar short to watch this film. (Actually I was a week late but who counting). We has just had our 2nd Friday the 13th in as many months and our third in a year. The scary part is my job’s grand reopening took place on the first one. (That was June of ‘08 it case your keeping track.) An Acme reopening that’s truly horrifying. This film was not however. (sorry John) I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the sure sign of a week script and a poor actor is when the entire screen is so dark you cant see the actor or any part of the screen. How do we know what is going on in the movie. Well at one point I literally had to get up and hit the spacebar on my keyboard to check to see if the movie was still running. Boys and girls that is not a good sign. The best part of this pathetic film was that Jason Voorhees was not the killer in this one. Everybody and their sister knows it was Mrs. Voorhees, Jason’s mother who slayed the bakers dozen at camp Crystal Lake on the anniversary of her son’s drowning and the date of the veryincident and hence the film is Friday the 13th. It is my opinion is the only saving grace in this other wise disappointing film. Why this deplorable excuse for a horror film spawned 11 sequels including Jason X, Freddy VS Jason, and this years remake of the entire series that never really went away. I have no idea. What is truly is this was the best of the lot. This film was so bad however several comedy spoofs have payed homage to or just out and spoofed the name of this film in their own farce like remake movie. Those were the films that were intended to be funny. Not the original described in the above paragraphs. I can find only one saving grace in this mornings review of the day. Kevin Bacon acutely started his career here. What is truly horrifying is I never really cared for Kevin Bacon. Grade D+0 P.S. If the original merits only a D+ and I already pointed out that it was the best of the dozen do I have to create a new grade system for the other films if I decided to review them some day. I hope not there are only 26 letters in the alphabet and nothing comes after Z as in what id rather begetting than viewing those aforementioned movies.

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm