Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Supergirl

I dedicate this next review to a super girl named Kara. It is after all (the movie) about a Supergirl named Kara. One travels from Argo City to Earth to save the planet. The other travels from Pennsylvania to Ethiopia to save a few lives. Both are Supergirls in my book. As per my review of this movie however. Well to put it mildly it stunk. It was full of bad acting, cheesy dialogue and annoying characters. The special effects were good but that is all it really had going for it. The score was weak and the movie just to long at two hours and five minutes. Here is the plot in a nutshell. Kara (Supergirl) must travel to earth from Argo City to save it from certain doom. The only real doom I saw was when watching this mediocre flick. It was for the people who paid full price to see it in theaters in 1984. Fortunately for me it was just a Netflix pick. I already returned it to my mailbox and have my next film on the way. The film was nominated for two Razzie awards for Worst Actor and Worst Actress for Peter O’Toole and Faye Dunaway perceptively. The Saturn Award people however nominated Helen Slater for Best Actress. It was her first role. She played as the titular character. She couldn’t however save the script. She did the best with what she had and managed to salvage some decency to the movie. (not much however) In summary the movie should remain in the Netflix files not rented by anyone who wants to see a decent film. It was lame, stupid and just plane full of plot holes big enough to drive a spaceship though. I remember it being this bad in theaters but wanted to dedicate a review to my favorite Aggie. Grade C-

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm