Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Independence Day

I dedicate this review to a beautiful young lady who had to work on the day of her Eagles Giant victory. I call her curly locks for short and am writing this on the Dawn of her overwhelming Sunday work day. Where she was alone at her very popular post. I will admit this movie gnawed at me the 1st time I saw it. That was on it’s 4th of July weekend release date way back in 1996. I was 12 years younger than and not yet written nary a single review. I’ve posted over 300 now in the past decade (1998-present) and I’ve gotten over 635 hits on a blogspot I posted in February. I also received 6 fans to a Facebook fan page group I posted just last night. I’ll have to say I saw this big screen movie on my rather small computer monitor with much more love and affection. than before. I saw a movie of Epic proportions! I watched a 145 minute adventure of presidential worthiness. It made my newest Top Ten list. (Top Ten Presidential Movies) This morning I saw the sacrifice on character made (Randy Quaid)for his children and entire small town. Nay his entire large planet. Today, I saw the affection on young president had for his country. (Bill Pullman) I also witnessed the dedication on of lone crusader who would stop at nothing to save his country (Jeff Goldblum)from catastrophic events. Oh yea, the cream of the crop is the story of a single fighter pilot (Will Smith) who endowed to marry his girlfriend the exotic dancer and disregard the possible effect it may have on his future military carrier. Let me tell you what it did for that young rapper turn actors career. It made him a household name. He followed it up the following year with another sparkler nay fireworks Sci- Fi adventure named Men in Black. This year is officially been knighted Mr. Independence Day. How apropos it was the name of the first movie released on this aforementioned titular weekend. Will he follow it up with another fantastic Blockbuster. Well have to wait out the rest of this long cold winter to find out. Keep close to your internet providers mind you because I would be appalled if he didn’t follow up on the rocket of his astonishing success. Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm