Pageviews past week

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Prince of Persia : The Sand of Time

Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives. I don’t know why I said that I just felt compelled to have that as my opening line of my review. I’ll probably get sued for copyright infringement but my blog spot is not that popular. Besides that there is the freedom speech you know. It is that freedom that allows me to write this review. It is also that freedom that allows me to criticize this and other movies. You are in luck however this movie does not need a lot of criticism. It was good, not quite epic just good. The acting was adequate for an action movie. It fulfilled the criteria of a good action flick. The writing was good too. The lead female or fem fetal as they say was out spoken and full of spunk. Every thing I want in a woman. The male lead was hunky and muscular, every thing a woman wants in a man. They came together like oil and water at first. What did expect it is a movie. The loving couple never gets along in the beginning. The action gets better as you move along it all builds up to the climatic finish when you get your biggest hit. What is that hit you ask. I can’t tell you because then I’d be a terrible movie critic. Let's just say that time goes crazy when the final buzzer has sounded. This movie needed no buzzers the pacing was perfect as well was the casting. The men were handsome and the women or woman pretty. I know I know I have not told you anything about the plot. Guess what in this review I will not Jill. Sorry. I will however say that his movie must have lost some thing on my small screen. It was beautifully breathtaking. I wish I saw this on the big screen. Alas I did not so you’ll have to settle for my review of the DVD version. That version was pretty darn good. You will have to see it for your self however and be your own critic. Grade C+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm