Pageviews past week

Monday, April 22, 2013

The X-Files (3) I want to Belive

This movie title is hauntingly appropriate. I want to believe I just didn’t spend ten dollars of my hard earned money on this horrific waste of film. I want to believe that I didn’t just waste an entire evening of my life sitting in the dark wondering as to when this monstrosity of a movie is going to get better. I want to believe that the motivations of the characters in this film (much less the actors portraying them) were actually driven by something other than money. I want to believe that they actually got out of bed in the morning to do what they were doing because they enjoyed doing sincerely. I hope the only motive in this life isn’t money. I guess that’s not true because I feel as if I’ve deprived of mine after seeing this movie. What I liked about the original TV show is the fact that I didn’t know what I liked about the TV show. (Once again an appropriate title.) Some how it just worked. Two people alone in this world, one man one woman with no sexual attraction at all between them (or so I thought) worked together on a regular basis to explore the unknown. They never called each other by their first names, they never really seemed to be supported by their superiors, they always seemed to be grasping at straws, and they were always exploring unique paths without ever knowing what they were doing. Yet somehow they got it right at the end. They always find all the answers they were looking for. I as a semi-regular viewer always walked away satisfied. With this movie I just walked away. I ran in fact I wanted to bring as much space between this movie and myself as quickly as humanly possible. I may have to go to China to get as far away from this eye sore as possible. I think I would have been better off playing Russian Roulette with a loaded gun then seeing this movie, at least that would of ended with a bang. All this movie ended with is the credits. Although I’m not sure I want to give to these people credit for ripping me off. Grade F

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm