Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rear Window

My initial thought when I saw this opening sequence was, West Side Story! I mean how cool is that? A homage to legendary Broadway production based on A Shakespeare play. You know, Romeo and Juliet. Upon further research however I discovered that this movie predates the Broadway play by three whole years. So I ask you who played props to who and when. Either way I don’t care. The movie is unmistakably directed by the master of suspense himself the legendary Alfred Hitchcock. A name synonymous with intrigue and mystery. The two main voices in this film and on the screen belong to none other than James ‘Jimmy’ Steward and the astonishing Grace Kelly. Here is an actress that lived up to her name. The Academy Award nominated screenplay was never disappointing. It was amazing 55 years ago and still is today. The cinematography was Oscar nominated as well. It was fantastic and unforgettable. The other minor Oscar nod it received was Best Sound. Well come on the two go hand and hand, not only does it look good it must sound good as well. The major Oscar nomination he was denied for was Best Director, of course. It was his fourth out of five nominees. He never won! He was robbed. He won a place in our hearts however. When I say our I mean the youth of today. Like me and my friend who recommended this to me. We are both far to young to remember him in his heyday or even see one of his pictures in theaters. I was three when his swan song of Family Plot hit theaters. I wish I could have seen that too it was scored by my favorite composer John Williams. This movie was nothing less than superlative. The afformetoned cast or should I say casts was unforgettable. The fact that the antagonist spoke not one word but was worthy of a scorn and hatred shows utmost respect to the aforementioned persons behind making it so. The awesome point that the entire one hour and fifty five minute film took place in one small isolated most probably dank one bedroom bachelor pad is worthy of utmost honor. Speaking of which I’d better leave mine. The pool opens today. Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm