Pageviews past week

Monday, April 29, 2013

Across the Universe

I rented this movie on a whim, a fancy a caprice if you will. The DVD sleeve looked interesting and it has a catchy unknown title. Unknown meaning I had never heard of it or obviosly therefore seen it. Boy am I glad I picked it up. What I got out of it was a cinematic experience of epic porpotrions. It was cast with a group of onknowns other than Even Rachel Wood. (Yes she’s a girl) and what it contained within 2 hours and 13 minutes (to short in this case) was a juke box of Beatlles top hits. Thre are over 30 and counting. How appropo that he main characters name is Jude. He is the male lead protagonist and the strogest most noble charchter I’ve seen in a long long time. He starts of his Jounney of a young man from ?Liverpool who discovers his father is janitor at one of the most prestoius Universities in the country. (He assumed and hoped he was a proffesor) While tracking down his astranged father he falls in love with a hippei flower power teenage namaed Lucy (again approporiate considering the Beattle songs) and their love grows acroos the span of time with the vietnam war, Assationation of MLK and the turmoil of the 60’s taking place the forground. The acting was extrodanary the cinanmatogrophy aweinspiring and the as i said beore all Beatllte sondtrack phenomenial. This movie never seemed to get tired and was breathtaking and exillerating at every turn. The only bad thing I can say about this movie I it was to busy and jammed pact with joy and excitement. I will most defintly add this movie to my chrsitmas list and put it perhaps on my new list of unsung gems and forgotten morsalls. (see my left side of the page for the origianl list) it was the best unknown of unpopular movie I’ve ever seen. If it wernt due at blockbuster tomorrow I keep it forever and watch over an over agsain. Just to make my self feel good in this time of a horrific economy and pathetic governamnt lead by the most inept president ever to take office. Wait don’t tel my superrepublican unce I just siad that he may stop talikng to me. (oh wait he already did) Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm