Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hanna

I will admit the only reason I saw this movie is because it was the only one I was going to be on time to see. I saw on Rotten Tomatoes it had a 71% approval rating. I figured that was high for a movie nowadays so it would not be a waste of my free pass, or more importantly my time. I went in to the theater having no expectations. I must now say I was pleasantly surprised. The movie was I admit slow at times, but it had to be to draw a decent plot line. I will also point out that the movie was a jigsaw puzzle of previous movies I saw before like Salt. Once again it did not take away from my over all enjoyment of this fine film. This movie worked for me and so did the actors. The pint sized titular character was particularly engaging and one of the brightest young stars I have seen in a while. As I said before this movie worked for me as well did the acting. The spotlight award goes to Jessica Barden for her portrayal as Sophie. Sophie was Hanna’s first friend and at times steels the spotlight away from Hanna. While I am not a particular fan of Eric Bana I think I have now seen everyone of his movies. He is great in this and I look forward to see him act again. (He’s filming Blackbird by the way due out next year.) The rest of the cast is good too and will make you believe this story and get caught up in the movie. This movie is one to watch but I’ll admit does not need to be seen with a crowd or viewed on a big screen. It may get some Oscar buzz for Saoirse Ronan (Hanna) but relax it is only April this movie will be out on DVD long before the Oscars are even considered for this year. Whether you shell out the dough to see it on the big screen or wait for it to come out on video it does not matter. I still recommend you see this film if you want to be downright entertained. It is a good flick and you wont de disappointed. Decide for yourself if you like it or not but be sure not to miss it. Grade B+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm