Pageviews past week

Saturday, February 16, 2013

SkyFall

Skyfall was a let down. Yes, Max that is a pun. Sam got it, Nicole got it why can’t you. I even used the Minimum number of words to do so. Let’s think back. The last film was utterly disappointing. Seriously, though what do you expect it was a sequel to a prequel. Does that even make sense in the cinematic genre? I have reviewed over 900 films and it befuddles my imagination. Now let’s get on to the plot shall we. As I said before the last film was less than spectacular; The title was confusing, the plot was non-existent and the film series was going down a dark path. I was able to recognize the symbolism in the movie. I realize why they wrote it as they did. The villain was sinister, the secondary characters were excellent and Daniel Craig was ultra hot. M (Judi Dench) was an integral piece of the plot. My only question was why the plot has to be so complicated. The film dragged on for over two hours (2hrs 23 min) the average accepted time span for an action fill is one hour and a half. That is the other thing this entry to the Bond saga was more like a drama than an action flick. The last true dramatic Bond film was On Her Majesty’s Secret Service way back in 1969. That was five decades ago. It was a different time different era of film makes and for the most part that movie was criticized. I liked OMHSS the fans spoke out against it though. This was could have been better. It should have had more action in it, and was from my point of view or should I say perspective less than uplifting. Grade C+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm