Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rango

I wish to paraphrase my former manger. “This movie is good. This movie is very good.” (Hi Judy. We miss you.) What exactly about this movie was good you ask. Well ok don’t be pushy. I’ll tell you. The first advantage point this movie had is this movie was well adapted to DVD. What I mean by that is unlike another animated movie I viewed recently that was in 3D in theaters. (Yogi Bear) When they converted this feature film to DVD. They must have changed the format of the animation so it did not have the appearance of a big screen 3D film simply made smaller on my TV screen. The other advantage this movie had to the previously hinted at title was. This movie had an actual plot. In fact it had an excellent one. This screenplay was well written, the voice cast was top notch, and the storyline was creative and overwhelmingly appropriate for the time period in which it was released. Let me explain what I mean by that last statement. This film was about a small desert town that had an increasingly small supply of water and the future of this town depended on that aforementioned H2O. In other words the town was dried up and on the verge of despair. You know sort of like our nations economy. In this story a lone stranger strolled into this small desert oasis and brought hope and promise to group of desperate townsfolk. As a blue collar American taxpayer I can relate to the population of this entire town. Ok lets not get all political now shall we I am a movie critic not a political columnist. I will from now on focus on the plot of the movie. I promise. The plot as I said before was outstanding. While the screenplay may have been tailored to a significantly younger audience it appealed to an older one as well. Hell I liked it and I am a 37-year-old bachelor. You will like it too I am sure. The pacing of the film was perfect. It kept this usually impatient film evaluator satisfied for 107 minutes. I almost forgot I was watching a cartoon. I could practically see Johnny Depp, Abigail Breslin and Alfred Molnia jumping out of the TV screen. They were just a few of the recognizable names in this cast of characters. Every aspect of this movie was well done. It was fun to watch, enjoyable to take in and a joy to partake of. I highly recommend you run to your local Redbox now and rent this movie. You may also add it to your Netflix Queue but then you would have to wait for your mailman to deliver it to you. Either way however this film delivers. Just try not to kill anybody in the mad throng of people trying to rent this DVD title at your local Redbox. I would feel horrible guilty if my amazing review on this extremely poplar blogspot created a mad rush at the Redbox. Just remember, there are after all other decent movies to choice from. Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm