Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Knight and Day

I remember when this movie came out in theaters a few months ago. It was panned left and right by critics. Now I can see why. To say this movie was dull is putting it mildly. This movie was so slow the action sequences were boring. This is a good movie if you like watching paint dry. If you like action and adventure then look somewhere else. This film starred Cameron Diaz Tom Cruise. You would think with names like that it would be well acted. Well once again you would be mistaken. Ms. Diaz stunk up the screen like a dead skunk de-odors the highway. Mr. Cruse did not fair much better. While his acting was not bad per say it was not good either. The whole film seemed rushed and direction was directed made me nauseous. Nausea may be the correct reaction to this movie for smile and giggles are certainly not the result. It is true that some of the locations in this film were nice. (Like a tropical island) nice locations and pretty scenery do not make movie work, sadly. In case you have not noticed I am not fond of this movie. It was dull and boring and needed a major dose of caffeine just to get through. I will not tell anyone at work today that I rented this horrible not so disaterflick. I fear being hung by the rafters for my misguided film preference. So find another film to rent and see it with someone you love. For that loved one may leave you if you watch this movie with them. Grade F

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm