Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flatliners

Five medical students obsessed with death, or coming back from the dead go out and try to set a precedence by killing themselves and of coarse coming back to life. That is the storyline behind this unique horror thriller. This movie has great cast and an even greater concept. What is it like to come back from the dead? Julia Roberts leads a great cast in this 1990 film. The cast includes Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, William Baldwin and Oliver Platt. They play the aforementioned medical students who decide to perform some unelected procedures on each other and tell the tale. This movie is more creepy than scary and but keep you guessing the entire time. At nearly two hours in length (1115 minutes) this film is in tense in its format and unique in its concept. The acting is well done and the pacing is good too. You are at times scared silly and at others completely creeped out. I can’t decide whether or not I like this film for all its got going for it. The cast, the concept, and even the message (you can’t die and live to tell about it.) are all good. The movie however is not. This film simply fails to keep me interested for 115 minutes. I felt the movie was just plain average and nothing to write home about. I was not thrilled, I was not chilled, I was simply amused. This film is one to bee seen however and decided on for one self. If you like it tell me why. If you hate it tell me that too. I was confused by the whole movie and that is not necessarily a good thing. Grade C+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm