Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crime Beat: A Decade of Covering Cops and Killers A Book Report

This book was so well written I forgot I was reading fiction. I got caught up in the action and drama was drawn in by the suspense. First things first, let me tell you what kind of book it was. It was a series of short stories. It was broken into three parts. The first was called The Cops, the second The Killers and the third The Cases. This unique format made it easy to read and fun to follow. Each story read like a documentary. The stories were dark and compelling but easy to follow nonetheless. I eagerly awaited the end of each story and looked forward to how they caught the scumbag in each one. Perhaps the best thing about this book and the most realistic is that they did not always catch the scumbag in the end. Some stories left you hanging while others were had a satisfactory ending. They were all good though and told a realistic tale about crime in the big city today. It liked this book for another reason. It was cheep. I got it for around six bucks. It was on sale on the discount rack last Christmas and I picked it up for a steal. I definitely suggest this book. As I said before it was easy to read and fun to follow. The stories were fifteen to twenty pages at length and were read quite quickly. The stories did not relate to each other but some how had a theme amongst them. This book is a good book for a non-serious reader who just wishes to be entertained. Grade A+

No comments:

A note from an editor!

Hi Matthew,


Thank you for the time and effort you put into this piece, especially on a Saturday morning. I can tell you definitely took good notes of everything that was going on during the event!


We still have some work to do before this piece is ready to print. Your piece has a lot of information, but it doesn’t sound like a news article. What was the point of his speech/presentation? Why was he addressing this audience? What is Vanguard? What does the company do – who does it serve? You spend a lot of time narrating (for example, how he was injured), but did not report on the purpose of the event. You can maybe mention his appearance/joking about it in a sentence or two, but do not take several paragraphs to do so. Also, I like how you mentioned where the name “Vanguard” comes from.


There are a lot of spelling errors in this piece – make sure you proof read each sentence carefully.


I know I am getting back to you a little later I hoped, and I’m sorry about that! But if you have time tonight, please go through my suggestions and try to rework your piece. You can send me what you have tonight/tomorrow morning. Please bring a copy of it to the meeting tomorrow and we will discuss it further from there.


Once again, thanks for your hard work and promptness! Remember this is a learning process, and we are all part of the Waltonian team!


Talk to you soon!


Ten Most pathetic movie stars that still have careers.

(In A - B -C Order)


1. Hayden Christensen


2. Tom Crusie


3. Kevin Costner


4. Keeanu Reeves


5. Denise Richards


6. Adam Sandler


7. Arnold Schwarzenegger


8. William Shatner


9. Sylvester Stalloan


10. John Claude Van dahm